2 week agoFour were killed in a gas explosion in a residential building in Iran's southwestern city of Ahvaz. Rescuers pulled a woman and a 3-year-old child alive from the rubble. The incident was caused by a gas leak
2 week agoThe explosion occurred in the town of Parand, near Tehran
Iranian media, quoting crisis management officials: The explosion in Bandar Abbas is still under investigation.
Iranian Foreign Minister: We did not seek to acquire nuclear weapons and are ready for fair nuclear negotiations that guarantee the interests of our people.
Regarding US military movements for a strike on Iran, a senior Gulf official tells Fox News, “The plan is something other than using Saudi airspace”
Axios: Saudi defense minister says Trump not bombing Iran would embolden the regime
U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) said it will ensure the safety of American personnel, ships, and aircraft operating in the Middle East, amid the IRGC’s two-day live-fire naval exercise in the Strait of Hormuz starting Sunday, urging the IRGC “to avoid escalatory behavior at sea.” “We will not tolerate unsafe IRGC actions including overflight of U.S. military vessels engaged in flight operations, low-altitude or armed overflight of U.S. military assets when intentions are unclear, high-speed boat approaches on a collision course with U.S. military vessels, or weapons trained on U.S. forces,” CENTCOM said.
US Central Command warns the Revolutionary Guard against approaching military vessels
U.S. Military Tells Key Middle East Ally to Prepare for Attack on Iran. In addition to military targets, Trump is considering strikes on senior Iranian leaders with the aim of spurring the overthrow of the Iranian government. - Drop Site
The Atlantic, citing US officials: Targeting Iranian officials responsible for suppressing protests is under consideration
Trump: Iran wants to make a deal
US Treasury: Sanctions imposed on Iranian Interior Minister for his responsibility in the killing of thousands of protesters
Araghchi: Iran will not negotiate its defense capabilities
Araghchi: We are more prepared than we were in June of last year, and Iran is ready for both scenarios: war or diplomacy. We hope the United States will act rationally and logically.
2 week agoIranian Foreign Minister Araghchi: The United States has repeatedly requested negotiations with us through various intermediaries and continues to renew these requests. We have no problem with engaging in negotiations; however, negotiations cannot begin with threats. They must set aside their threats
Turkish Foreign Minister: We cannot accept any attack on Iran, and we must focus on solutions through negotiations.
2 week agoForeign Minister Hakan Fidan: We are closely following the developments in Iran. We would like to reiterate our deep sorrow over the deaths that occurred during the protests and extend our condolences to the Iranian people.
Araghchi: The European Union's decision regarding the Revolutionary Guard will lead to a reduction in its role concerning issues related to our region.
3 week agoBritain to ban Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) as the Home Office is set to put forward new legislation, according to The Times
Iran's Parliament speaker says IRGC one of the strongest forces combatting terrorism
3 week agoTrump has pinned his Truth Social post where he stated that "time is running out" for the Iranian regime
Iranian Vice President: Iran must be prepared for war
Washington Post, quoting a US official: Warships have been positioned near the Strait of Hormuz and the eastern Mediterranean, and more reinforcements are arriving successively.
Iranian Presidency: Pezeshkian confirmed in two calls with the Emir of Qatar and the President of Pakistan that Iran has never started a war and does not welcome conflict.
3 week agoThe Iranian Navy will conduct exercises with China and Russia in the Sea of Oman and the Indian Ocean over the coming days, Iranian sources tell Al Jazeera
3 week agoSignificant movement of U.S. transport flights to the Middle East resumed
EU foreign ministers have agreed on new sanctions on Iran as a response to the brutal oppression of anti-government protests and Tehran's continued support for Russia's war against Ukraine
An Israeli official told Reuters that targeting Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei would not topple the regime. Reports indicate that the protests have not resulted in divisions among Tehran's leaders.
Turkish Ministry of Defense: We are making efforts to end all conflicts and establish peace and stability in the region.
The Iranian ambassador to Egypt told Sky News Arabia: US military bases, fleets, and ships will be within Iran's reach in the event of any attack.